Greatindonesia.co.id, Jayapura – The search for MI 17 helicopter belonging to the Army Aviation Center by land and air has produced no result until Sunday (7/7/2019) afternoon, the tenth day since the chopper was reported to have lost contact shortly after taking off from Oksibil Airport in Pegunungan Bintang District, Papua, on June 28, 2019.
“The joint team conducted the search in Kampung Bulangkop and Kampung Tangen, but it has produced no result,” Deputy Chief of Information for the Cenderawasih military command Lt. Col. Inf Dax Sianturi said here on Sunday regarding efforts by the land team to conduct te search in Kampung Bulangkop, Okaom District, Pegunungan Bintang District and Tangen Village, Airu sub District, Jayapura District..
Searching through the air has no result yet. Cloudy and thick clouds since Sunday (7/7/2019) morning hampered the search over the air.
Initially the team planned to fly two Army helicopters, one civil aviation helicopter, one Air Force CN 235 MPA aircraft to conduct the search, but finally only one aircraft could fly.
“Only one search flight can be done,” Dax Sianturi said.
Heli Bell 412 with Registration Number 5185 was used to observe the Sentani-Lereh-Sentani route on Sunday. “The helicopter landed at Lereh to wait for the clearer weather while refueling,” he said.
Meanwhile, two other helicopters which were on standby at Oksibil Airport, Pegunungan Bintang District, were forced not to fly because thick clouds and fog filled the Oksibil sky from morning to evening.
“Similarly, the CN 235 MPA aircraft was planned to conduct a search on the Sentani-Oksibil-Sentani route,” Dax Sianturi said.
Because the weather has not been going better, according to him, air search was stopped at 3:00 p.m. local time and will resume on Monday (June 8).
“The search process by land is finished at 4:00 p.m. local time and will be continued tomorrow,” he said.
As of Sunday at 4:00 p.m. local time, the team was searching by air or land had not found any signs of the missing helicopter carrying 12 people while flying on June 28, 2019. (alf)
JOKOWI EXPECTED TO RESOLVE PAPUAN PROBLEMS THROUGH DIALOGUE : PRIEST
Greatindonesia.co.id, Jayapura – A Papuan priest has called on incumbent President Joko Widodo to hold a dialogue with the representatives of all Papuan community groups to find solutions to crucial problems in the province after he is sworn in as Indonesia’s president on October 20, 2019.
The Papuan people are keen to have a discussion within the spirit of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia as the central government had done in Aceh Province, said Esmon Welilo, a priest who is also chairman of the Interreligious Harmony Forum (FKUB).
“We do hope that the dialogue can be held during his second leadership term,” he in Jayapura, the capital city of Papua Province, on Thursday (17/10/2019).
Esmon Welilo said Joko Widodo (Jokowi) is the first Indonesian president who has made 12 working visits to the Papua Province, including three times to Wamena, the capital city of Jayawijaya District.
Under Jokowi’s leadership, it is time for the central government to hold a dialogue to seek comprehensive solutions to the problems in Papua, he said, adding that he believed that all the Papuan people would keep supporting the government’s programs.
The call for holding a dialogue with President Jokowi had been echoed by West Papua Governor, Dominggus Mandacan, on September 12, 2019.
Mandacan said he awaited the president’s readiness to meet West Papua’s local leaders of various ethnic groups to listen to and comprehend their aspirations following the recent Surabaya incident that infuriated native Papuans.
Over these past two months, a spate of violence broke out in several parts of Papua and West Papua in the upshot of the Surabaya incident and fake news that had triggered public ire among native Papuans.
On August 28, violence broke out in Deiyai District, some 500 kilometers away from Jayapura, resulting in the deaths of an army soldier and two civilians.
Protests were again held on August 29 by the indigenous Papuan residents of Jayapura, as they vented their ire over the alleged racist behavior against their Papuan compatriots in Surabaya, but their rally then turned violent.
On September 23, a deadly riot had erupted in Wamena, the capital city of Jayawijaya District, Papua Province, killing 33 civilians, including a senior medical doctor, who had served the native Papuans for 15 years. (ant)
WAMENA AIRPORT TO RETURN TO NORMALCY NEXT WEEK : MINISTER
Greatindonesia.co.id, Jakarta – Wamena Airport in Papua is expected to return to its normal operation next week, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi said here on Sunday (13/10/2019).
“Within less than a week, it (Wamena Airport) will return to normal. I think it’s safe now. I have received information from the (Papua) Police Chief and the Military Chief that the situation is conducive and (the airport) can return to normalcy,” Sumadi said after a meeting with regional heads of West Papua to discuss connectivity in the easternmost region of the country.
The minister would continue discussion with Papua’s regional leaders on late Sunday (13/10/2019).
Wamena Airport was temporarily shut down following the bloody riots in Wamena on September 23, to prevent the facility from any disturbance that might harmful to flight operation.
On average, 120 flights go through the airport, located in the popular Baliem Valley, every day.
Sumadi said, the ministry has conducted evaluation on the condition of the airport.
According to the minister, some regular flights have resumed operation. “Some have resumed operation but it is yet effective.” (aij)
INTERNET ACCES IN PAPUA FULLY NORMALIZED : MINISTER RUDIANTARA
Greatindonesia.co.id, Jakarta – Communications and Informatics Minister Rudiantara confirmed the complete normalization of internet access in Papua Province.
The Communication and Informatics Ministry had earlier restricted internet access in the provinces of Papua and West Papua from August-end to September to thwart the enormous spread of fake news and inflammatory content.
“It has been a long time (normal). I even forgot (when it was revoked). The data has been activated; everything is activated. Indeed, when riot occurs in Wamena, internet access was temporarily deactivated in Wamena, but thereafter, there was no more (blocking),” Rudiantara stated at the Vice President’s Palace, Jakarta, Wednesday (9/10/2019).
Speaking in connection with the distribution of hoax, Rudiantara admitted to not being aware of the exact data, though confirming that the figure had declined significantly.
Before Wamena, the Communication and Informatics Ministry also cut internet access in several areas in Papua and West Papua in August-end owing to demonstrations that had snowballed into riots.
“We see from the virtual world, how many URLs (uniform resource locators) expand hoaxes today. If the recycled hoaxes are still there, I have to check,” he explained.
The Communication and Informatics Ministry believes internet restrictions are a solution to curbing the proliferation of hoaxes and hate expressions.
The Communication and Informatics Ministry pointed out that the circulation of hoaxes in Papua had peaked on August 31, 2019, with such URLs reaching 42 thousand.
The Ministry of Communication and Informatics claimed that the number of such URLs had dropped to some one thousand on September 12, 2019, after internet access was blocked. (fsn)
INTERNATIONAL1 year ago
20 EVACUATED IN SYDNEY DOWNTOWN BUILDING BLAZE
DIGITAL2 years ago
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS TO BE INVOLVED IN BLACK CAMPAIGN ERADIRATION
BALI2 years ago
AVERAGE LENGTH OF of TOURISTS STAY IN BALI’S HOTEL REACHES 3.13 DAYS
FINANCE2 years ago
RABOBANK HOPES TO INCREASE CREDITS TO RP14 TRILLION
SPORT2 years ago
MARCUS/KEVIN RETAIN ALL ENGLAND TITLE
FINANCE2 years ago
UK EXPORT FINANCE EYES INDONESIA AS PRIORITY MARKET
REAL SECTOR2 years ago
MALINDO AIR OPENS PENANG-BANDA ACEH ROUTE : OFFICIAL
REAL SECTOR2 years ago
PT PERTAMINA LUBRICANTS FORAYS INTO AUSTRALIAN MARKET VIA MELBOURNE