Connect with us

WEST JAVA

GOVERNMENT PUSHES EXPORT, TOURISM IN CENTRAL, EAST JAVA

Published

on

Minister of the National Development Planning/Head of the National Development Planning Agency, Bambang Brodjonegoro, at the Bogor Palace, West Java on Tuesday (9/7/2019).

Greatindonesia.co.id, Bogor – The government is set to boost the growth of export-oriented industries and the tourism sector in the provinces of Central Java and East Java.

“The president asked the governors to focus on developing their respective regions which would later encourage investment into Indonesia, especially for the respective province, so that later exports would be more driven,” said Minister of the National Development Planning/Head of the National Development Planning Agency, Bambang Brodjonegoro after a limited meeting to discuss the development acceleration of Central Java and East Java at the Bogor Palace in West Java, Tuesday (9/7/2019).

President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) first wished to understand the problems faced by the two provinces, especially those related to efforts to increase investment and exports, according to Bambang.

For Central Java, the focus was on three areas, namely the industrial area in Brebes, the industrial area in Kendal, and the tourism area of Borobudur, Bambang continued.

The Governor of Central Java conveyed several issues that needed the central government’s assistance, specifically spatial planning for Brebes, accelerating the provision of infrastructure to improve connectivity in Borobudur, and strengthening/adding the capacity of the Port of Tanjung Emas Semarang to support the Kendal Industrial Zone.

With regard to East Java, the focus is on the completion of an oil refinery in Tuban which is still awaiting the completion of land acquisition, and the development of the Bromo Tengger Semeru (BTS) tourist area whose master plan is being prepared by the central government.

In addition, East Java is also focusing on the development of the Surabaya metropolitan city and surrounding areas.

“The East Java Governor expects that there are means of good connectivity in the area, especially public transportation. The Minister of Transportation has stated the possibility of developing train-based public transportation in Surabaya and surrounding areas,” Bambang explained.

Regarding the reasons for focusing on Central Java and East Java, the former minister of finance said that so far industrial and manufacturing areas were mostly in Jakarta, West Java and Banten.

“We want to encourage investment and exports. So far, the manufacturing industry and industrial estates are in Jakarta, West Java and Banten. Even though we want to attract more investment, it is necessary to diversify locations, including those that are currently increasing in Central Java and East Java,” he said.

The government wants to ensure easy investment flows into the two provinces with the carrying capacity that they already have, including infrastructure, according to him. (ags)

WEST JAVA

SUTOPO’S FUNERAL CONDUCTED LIKE MILY FUNERAL PROCESSION : BNPB

Published

on

Sutopo Purwo Nugroho who had suffered from lung cancer since 2017 died on early Sunday (7/7/2019) while being treated at the St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital, Guangzhou, China

Greatindonesia.co.id, Depok – The funeral of National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho at a public cemetery in Boyolali District, Central Java Province, on Monday (8/9/2019) morning would be conducted like a military funeral procession, the agency’s head, Lt.Gen.Doni Monardo said.

“We attempt to conduct the funeral procession like the military does but the participants of it are civil servants,” he told journalists after delivering Sutopo’s coffin to the mourning house at Raffles Hill in Depok city, West Java Province, on Sunday (7/7/2019) evening.

To this end, Monardo said he had coordinated with his colleagues at Central Java Province’s and Boyolali District’s Disaster Mitigation Agencies for sending their people to be the participants of Sutopo’s funeral.

The passing of Sutopo has made the BNPB suffer a great loss because he is well known as a professional and hard-working civil servant.

Despite his serious illness, Sutopo remained committed to his professional work by disseminating accurate and immediate information on devastating disasters to the people at large. “He has worked wholeheartedly,” Monardo said.

Sutopo Purwo Nugroho who had suffered from lung cancer since 2017 died on early Sunday while being treated at the St. Stamford Modern Cancer Hospital, Guangzhou, China, since June 15, 2019.

Indonesian President Joko Widodo conveyed his condolences on the passing of this well-respected spokesman of the country’s disaster mitigation agency. Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi also contacted Sutopo’s wife to express her condolences.

His death has also made other elements in the Indonesian society feel grieved. Muhammadiyah’s Disaster Mitigation Division also expressed its condolences to the mourning families. “We all suffer a great loss from the passing of Mr.Sutopo,” Head of Muhammadiyah’s Disaster Mitigation Division Budi Setiawan said in a statement on Sunday.

Despite his lung cancer, Sutopo who was born in Boyolali, Central Java, on Oct 7, 1969, remained committed to his professional work as the BNPB’s spokesman by disseminating accurate and immediate information on catastrophic disasters, he said.

The accurate and immediate information that he publicly shared was so important to enable the people at large to get rid of misleading and contradicting information on occurring disasters, Setiawan said.

He prayed for Sutopo, and hoped that there would be new qualified spokespersons who could continue his work in Indonesia.

Sutopo’s coffin had been flown to Adi Soemarno Airport in Solo, Central Java, on Monday morning, to be buried at Sasono Layu Public Cemetery in Boyolali District, at around 09.30 a.m. local time. (fik)

Continue Reading

WEST JAVA

BOGOR IMMIGRATION THREATENS ACTION AGAINST ILLEGAL FOREIGN WORKERS

Published

on

Bogor Immigration Office is in the process of implementing Circular of the Immigration Surveillance and Action Director Number IMI.GR.104.02-1949 dated May 6, 2019 concerning data collection and surveillance of foreign nationals.

Greatindonesia.co.id, Bogor – The Bogor Immigration Office in West Java has threatened to take stern action against illegal foreign workers who fail to complete their immigration documents and permit applications within four months. “We give them four months during this data collection operation. If during the October-November period we still find them failing to complete immigration documents and permit applications, we will initiate stern measures against them in accordance with Law No. 6 of 2011,” Head of the Bogor Immigration Office, Suhendra said after socializing the immigration permit of stay among foreign nationals at the immigration office on Monday (24/6/2019).

He said the Bogor Immigration Office is in the process of implementing Circular of the Immigration Surveillance and Action Director Number IMI.GR.104.02-1949 dated May 6, 2019 concerning data collection and surveillance of foreign nationals.

“The socialization activity serves as a means of disseminating information related to Law No. 6 of 2011 concerning immigration and surveillance. So, companies that become guarantor can complete the immigration documents of their foreign workers,” he said.

The event brought together 40 representatives of the companies serving as the guarantors of the foreign workers. The event is important to provide comprehensive information about immigration permit of stay as well as to adjust the tariff of non-tax state revenues. (jtr)

Continue Reading

WEST JAVA

CIREBON POLICE TIGHTEN SECURITY AFTER FINDING FIVE BOMBS

Published

on

The city police also instructed all its personnel to stay alert wherever they are.

Greatindonesia.co.id, Cirebon – The Cirebon city police in West Java have tightened security around police stations in the city following the finding of five bombs on Saturday night (June 15).

“We are tightening security around police stations including the city police and police precinct stations,” Chief of the Cirebon City Police Resort Adjunct Senior Commissioner Roland Ronaldy said here on Sunday (16/6/2019).

The city police also instructed all its personnel to stay alert wherever they are.

“We will always stay alert for terror act following the finding of the bombs,” he said.

A scavenger identified by his initials as G found the suspected bombs while collecting garbage in a landfill at Sukalila Street in Cerebon on Saturday.

G had earlier brought home the five suspected bombs. However, upon arrival at his house he showed the items to his friend identified by his initials as A. A further said the five items were explosives.

A and G later brought the items to the Cirebon city police. The items were later kept in the front yard of the city police station

“Soon after reaching the city police station, police officers checked the items and declared them explosives,” he said,

The bomb defusing squad of the Mobile Brigade Battalion C has taken the bombs to further check. (kha)

Continue Reading

Trending

Redaksi Indonesiaraya.co.id menerima undangan Press Conference, permintaan wawancara eksklusif (atau liputan khusus), dan pengiriman Press Release, melalui email : redindonesiaraya@gmail.com, dan redaksi@indonesiaraya.co.id. WA / SMS Center : 0878-15557788, 0819-15557788.
© Indonesiaraya.co.id, merupakan salah satu anggota jaringan media siber Media Indonesia Raya Group (MIR) Group.